Friday, December 07, 2007

Class Picture

We had a "party" today for our students in the Early College Program to celebrate the end of their first full college semester. I am very proud of all of them for rising to the challenge and overcoming many obstacles.

This is only a sampling of the 96 wonderful juniors and seniors in our program, but it's a great sampling! These students have made the effort to connect to their new environment while others have not. They've learned that it's important to feel a part of something bigger than themselves. Being in this photo with them means a lot to me because it reminds me that I can't do it alone either.

None of us can.

They are a blessing to me every day as I hope I can be to them.


Oh, and we're still in week 1 of Advent! Light your candle tonight!