Thursday, July 19, 2007

Before the Bell Rings

Over the summer I was moved to another classroom, recently vacated by another teacher who moved to a different district. Teachers are pack rats, and I'm amazed at how much stuff has amassed in this small space over the years. I went today in hopes of physically setting up my classroom before I officially go back to school on August 14...it's going to take multiple trips and trash barrels to make this "my room."

So, welcome to room B7 - 8th grade English. This journey is not for the faint of heart. As excited as I am to have my own classroom once again, the unknown stills looms and I've already started having nightmares that these students won't listen to me. I want desperately to make a difference.

But first I need to make a dent in this room!