Monday, May 12, 2008

Wii is Worth Doing


With his graduation money, our son bought a Wii.

All I can say is WOW!

When he was four Christopher got his first Nintendo 64 and played Super Mario Brothers. I played with him. And I was good.

As time went on the games and their controllers got more and more complicated. By the time our boys had graduated to their Play Station, I'd bowed out of the competition. I could no longer work all those buttons. There's was just too much to pay attention to.

But now, after 14 years of video game consoles in our home, I've returned to "active" play.

Wii Sports makes me happy. Here are the choices:
- Baseball
- Golf
- Boxing
- Tennis
- Bowling

Did you hear me? BOWLING!

I love bowling. Call me Geeky, but I do. Ask my former agent and good friend, Steve Laube. I love bowling! (He knows first hand since I beat him in the real world!!)
Take a look and see what you think.



You just have to make sure you have enough room to bowl (or play tennis, baseball, boxing, or golf). And it's quite a workout. You actually work up a sweat (or a glow or glisten if you're a lady). This is NOT for couch potatoes!

Usually we tout certain video games for their educational content when we want to defend their worthiness, but this is just good fun - and exercise.

Some school districts are beginning to incorporate this technology into their physical education programs. Look for it at a gym near you! It's quite controversial, but I predict it will only spread.

Here is Christopher playing Wii with his friends in our living room.

Christopher and I wrote an article about how to choose video games wisely. It's recently been adapted by Focus on the Family for their Parenting channel. Check it out and let us know what you think.