Sunday, October 14, 2007

Look Closely Now


All too often we take for granted the beauty that surrounds us. I think that kids are so much better at seeing what's right in front of them than we adults are. I watch as my niece points out the little lizards that scurry across our windows, across sidewalks and sometimes even across my living room floor (yes, they get in, but they eat bugs so I don't mind). They are a normal part of our environment and I don't notice them much.


I decided I've let my vision blur for too long and went outside to take pictures of just what was in my own backyard. These are things I see everyday but barely notice. What is in your backyard that remains on your periphery that I might think is wondrous? Look at your surroundings through the eyes of a child and you will be amazed at what you see!