Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Techie Teacher


I am the proud recipient of some incredible technology to use in my classroom. Some I acquired from an HP grant I am a part of, and some as a result of being selected to participate in some state of the art training in my district.

The photos I included are just the tip of the iceberg. The Zune is Microsoft's answer to the IPod and that was a blast to play with during training today. The HP Tablet is another wonderful addition to my growing arsenal of technology. I'm amazed at its capabilities and can't wait to teach my students how to make the most use out of these technologies. We will be creating podcasts and using a SMART board and a document camera just to name a few.

Do I need all of this to teach well? No. In fact I don't need any of it to be a good teacher. But I do need it to prepare my students to live and work in a global electronic community.

I'll keep you posted as I integrate this technology into this upcoming school year.