Monday, June 04, 2007

8 Things About Me

Okay, I've been "tagged" and it's the second time. I got out of doing this last month because I didn't think it fit my blog, but since I've been experimenting anyway, I'll go ahead and do it now.

For this meme, each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, leave a comment asking others to read your blog.

8 Things About Me. . .

1. I was born in Staten Island, NY and all my family is still there. I regain my New York Italian accent (can you say Sylvester Stallone?) when I go back and my husband refuses to talk to me on the phone while I'm there because of it.
2. I'm the only redhead in my family (both sides, for 3 generations). It has always been a "problem" in my mind until recently at my aunt's wake where everyone who I hadn't seen since I was little recognized me...
3. I have two master's degrees in different areas of education and am partially through my doctoral program...but it will take me forever while I still have children at home.
4. I have a lisp and struggle every day to hide it...a challenge for someone who is a speaker. My mom started me with her own brand of speech therapy when I was five...but my tongue is just too big for my mouth!
5. I have two children: boys...ages 15 and 17 who are HUGE and when they hug me I feel like a small child. They are the greatest joy in my life.
6. I've been married for 21 years to a station wagon crazy man who has supported every dream I've ever had who sees my featureless morning face every day and still thinks I'm cute.
7. I wrote a book with my baby sister Kelly, called BRAIN FOOD: Recipes for Success in School, sports and life that just released. She is a nutritionist and personal trainer and her exercise routine puts mine to shame. Visit us at www.brainfoodsuccess.blogspot.com.
8. I cut all my hair off for Locks of Love two years ago after my mom died of colon cancer and am now regrowing it to do it again...wanna join me? It's only hair...it grows. Think about it.


I'm not tagging anyone else, because, to be honest...everyone I know has already been tagged...I'm happy to visit anyone else's blog. Just leave me a comment and I'll come see you!